Sign in to follow this  
sefton

New wheels?

Hi

I've just ordered some new wheels! Do I have to have anything done once they have been fitted like traking etc?

Regards Sefton. :?:

Hi sefton,

You should only need to get them balanced and aligned. Whoever fits them should be able to do that in 5 mins.

The tracking only needs to be adjusted if you lower the car.

what kind of wheels did you buy?

If your tracking hasn't been done in a while, and you're going up in size, i.e. from 15s to 17s, you might wanna think about getting a full 4-wheel alignment done at some point.

Larger wheels have a greater tendancy to tram-line and pull you about more if out of line, so worth making your car easier to drive and reducing tyre wear.

If you're staying the same size (or going smaller? :shock:) then just the balancing they'll do when they put the new tyres on will be fine.

Enjoy - and don't forget some piccies for the Gallery section :)

Before and after :?: :D

I have orderd some 7.5x16" Brock B2 with polished dish! oh yeah the off set on the rear is lower than the front!

How much will a garage charge for a full wheel alignment?

I will send some pics once Ive got them on!(I have to figer how to post them on the members gallery)!

DONT GET RIPPED OFF you cant adjust the rear wheel alignment so dont let anyone charge you for 4 wheel alignment, just the front!

Sorry, I'm used to having a car with full camber / castor / angles / tow setup... :)

Camber on my front left is right out. Need to get that sorted at some point... Ah the list :shock: