Sign in to follow this  
bobserra

VR6 FAIL AT FULL TROTTLE!!! (SOME TIMES)

Hi :D

I have a 93 'rado VR6, it's USA spec.

I'm living in Ensenada, Mexico.

So here I'm the only who have one (that I know).

When I'm at the red light and yust step on the trottle not too fast, the cars pushes and pulls, like if the fuel cut or the current, engine dead for a second and lives again, and dead again, and lives again,etc.. :cry: Then I neutral the car, hit the throttle cuple of times, and then it's ok. If I accelerate fast, it looks every thing ok. I take it to the mechanical shop but they don't find anything. They say every thing it's ok, so use the car like that untill it completely fail......(good point, ha!) :p

My check engine doesn't ligth on. The only diferent thing that I put in the car is a eip-tuning chip. From USA. Do you know if the hi performance chips, block the check engine ligth? or cause problems like this one?

What other thing can do this?

:?:

Thanks.

Robert.

Welcome to the forum :)

I would suggest changing the throttle cable. The fuel filter wouldn't be a bad thing to change either.

Might be worth going back to the standard chip to eliminate the EIP chip as a problem.

Check engine light? What's that then?! :D

OK, thanks for the tips.

I almost check every thing, an change my fuel filter. I also find a vacum leak, so right now the car is great, but actually I don't know what was causing the problem.

thanks any way 8)

vacuum leaks, dirty idle stabilizer valve, dirty mass air flow sensor, poor connection at mass air sensor, poor connection at distributor/coilpack. Or even a cracked coil pack. If your car is coilpack I would start with that as they are prone to failure.

R