Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

Boost Gauge

Just been down my mates fitting a boost gauge to his Rallye which he bought from R&A at the edition 38 show at the weekend. Thing is, when we took it up the road, even flat out, it was only reading 7psi! :shock: A lot of the time the gauge runs in negative boost, is this right? Shouldn't it be reading about 14-15psi on boost? We took the vacuum feed from the front of the inlet manifold. Anyone explain this :?: Thanks.

What boost do you get on the MFA? I take it the car feels ok, yeah your looking for about 14 to 15 with a 68mm pulley...

Maybe the scale of the gauge is wrong.. :? Does it show VAC on one side?

What does it show at Idle?

yea the car feels fine, puills really well. have'nt tested it on the MFA. at idle it sits at about -20 :? normal drivin it sits at about zero, its only when your accelerating hard does it go above that. is it connected in the right place? t'd into the front of the inlet manifold? :roll: yea it shows VAC on the negative side

SORTED! Borrowed a more accurate VW gauge from work today, tested a load of cars 2nite! My Edition one is boosting at 10/11psi as is my mates Rallye, this is good for standard spec according to VW. We also tested my mates A3 1.8T, which was pushing out 14psi, and my brothers Mk3 Golf TDI beat us all at 16psi!!!!!! :shock: Gutted! :oops: The diesel has the most boost! :( Better see about a chip and pulley i reckon :wink: