Sign in to follow this  
LDZ2555

Supercharged VR. Help

Hi im considering buying a supercharger for my VR :D and just wondered with the different brands around which gives the best results and what is it like to drive and how much quicker it makes it. Any info would be much appreciated thanks

C2 motorsports seems to have the best package going right now. The dual idler pulley makes total sense and the chip tuning for the US spec cars is top notch. I'll be contacting them for another user and will report back with information.

Robert

The chip tuning may be ok on American spec cars but will they work on european 2.9 engines and different fuel? People who have had the VF-Eng kit fitted in the UK have had issues with there kits due to software problems and some have had to resort to custom tuning as the off-the-shelf chips won't work. The other issue is maf placement. It has to be far enough from the supercharger inlet to prevent the engine running rich and stalling. I'd want to be satisfied that these issues had been resolved before purchasing a supercharger kit and worrying about about belt slippage issues etc. Other than that the chargers and hardware are pretty bullet proof.

Confirmed with C2 this morning that they are currently working with a euro market customer for proper chip tuning. I'll report back once I hear something.

R

Hi guys,

I've had for some time now the Vortech V9fsq charger from VF-engineering on my VR6. The map is for the american market and works quite well over here but not that well.

The fact is that we have a much lower air temp and humidity over here in the UK.

The 91RON in the USA is SAE which is equivalent to our 95ron measured in ISO but Optimax is 98.6ron ISO and with our denser air a custom remap can yeild 40+bhp more than the supplied chip with no other mods!.

Chris

So have you looked into getting a new chip for it Chris?

When my charger goes on my 24v I will be investing in a Revo technic remap for the vw ecu, and everything should be spot on.

Chris VR6nos, have u ever had your car on the rollers? Just wondering if the vf kit lives up to its claimed 270bhp. Ive seen Guy Hartleys results about the forum for rr days and his has made between 270ish and 320ish I think, but his engine has a lot more done and I think its the larger V1 or V2 charger.

corradovr6sc, god damn, was all that from memory?

Joe M, I've not yet had it on the rollers in it's current tune but will soon with the smaller pulley on so we shall see but it should be somewhere between 250-270bhp

CoxyLaad, I will be taking it down to Stealth to get Geoff from Amd to do a map for me with the smaller pulley on and this should yeald more power and accuracy.

Chris