Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Haldex 4wd vs syncro/rallye

designa dubs know, but he won't tell you, you'd have to pay him to do it for you

Yeah I know... but he ain't getting any money of me... we will just have to work it out for ourselfs..

Surely it would be easier to use the proper O2M box and the haldex rear diff in the first place? The O2M box is reputedly very strong, with a high Torque rating. The cost of the entire haldex setup should be cheaper than a Rallye O2C dog box shouldnt it?

the 02M box presents its own difficulties, ie it bolts straight to the engine no bother, but totally obscures the gearbox engine mount.

Then you have to get drive shafts made up

Yes the box itself is stronger but you have extra work> gearbox mounts and extra money> drive shafts + the 02M needs a 240mm dual mass flywheel witch is a piece of crap. There are 240mm solid flywheels on the market but they cost ~ 300-500 euro.

I realise that there are problems with both - I have one of these boxes in my garage. It does help if someone can tell you the measurements of the driveshafts, but enough people have installed this box to know that they arent that difficult to overcome.

And if you are thinking of changing the rear diff to a haldex, then surely a new mount for a box isnt too much to overcome.......

But has anyone actually PROVEN that the haldex setup is stronger....? I'm not that interested unless its actually been proven that its much stronger... otherwise I will stay with the rallye 4wd..??? :roll:

I think I said on the first page about a rallye system breaking with 20vt power, and since the fitment of the haldex it hasn't broken the rear diff, and has since had a bigger turbo fitted

some bloke has a rallye with a haldex that is taking all that is being thrown at it, probablies the same bloke that your on about Chris. Nutter 4x4?

apparently he popped a couple of rear diffs before fitting the haldex item, and he has not looked back since.

or so the story goes :roll:

The story being true, the last rallye rear diff was the evening before Inters 03, practising starts for the quarter mile. He was gutted to miss the event, couldnt get hold of one for love nor money there and then. Since the Haldex was fitted, there have been no problems with the transmission side (just the other bits!)