Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Audi Door Handle... Progress

Ok guys I'm currently installing the audi door handles on my corrado, I've seen that quite a few people on here have done this already, and was wondering if they could halp me out?

So far I've got to the stage of cutting a hole in my door (lol not very far) and before I go any further I need to know the best way to actually make the mechanism work... How have people transferred the motion of the audi door mechanism to the original corrado one? or has a new lock been introduced etc?

I'm sure there are many ways of doing it, I'm just trying to work out the best one

Cheers for any help, Chris

well we've made an odd system of bars and levers... however the problems will come when trying to assemble it all once the plates are welded in place (only a small gap to feed it through)

I will post pictures of what we're up to soon. Still looking for a bit of guidance tho :wink:

Best advice i can give is

Buy new door catches, the hardest part is the bar mechanism for the lever. these were a nightmare for bodyshop on my drivers side, very small tollarance and if its not spot on you won't be able to get in from outside.

Thanks for replying cheesy, and thanks to aposegil for the help you gave me :) I think we've got it sorted so it'll work, but I won't know until its all finished... fingers crossed :oops:

Anyway I've taken some pics of what we've been doing, looks a mess ....and... well it is! But hopefully will all work out in the end :lol: I probs won't be spraying it myself as my mates dad owns a bodyshop, and I think he'll spray them at cost price, so it'll be better if I get him to do it.