Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

lowering vr6. weitec??

my shocks and springs are wrecked so i'm gonna use this excuse to lower my car.

been reading a few bits and wondered peoples thoughts on weitec suspension. where is the best place to get it from, i can't find anyone who sells it, just seen the full ads in pvw. i'm looking to drop it bout 40-60mm, and don't want anything too rock solid but i do wanna improve the handling aswell as the looks.

cheers boys and girls

how good are corrados by the way, i bloody love mine!!!!

I have had Weitec suspension on 3 of my cars in the past. A mk1 GTI, Corrado and G60 Golf. I got the kits from C&R. The Corrado kit I took off when selling the car and fitted it onto my Golf.

Speak to Steve Cresswell at C&R he'll tell you the score. The TA stuff is also adjustable for height at the back so you can get it level.

I rate it highly but bare in mind that the kits are quite stiff and some are very low. This wasn't a problem for me as I was into track days and generally driving fast everywhere :roll: . Comfort wasn't at the top of the list!! :mrgreen:

A mate of mine also has teh basic non adjustable stuff on his mk3. He moans that it's too hard but I think he is just being soft. His other car is an A4 avant. I really like the way it rides better than the Eibachs and Bilsteins I have on my mk3, which actually cost me more money :cry:

gavin

I had weitec coilovers on my old g60, had to change the rear springs to half the poundage just to make it anything but rock hard. Took them off inthe end as it was just too hard even with the softer spring. I have koni on the VR, very happy with the ride.

I've got weitec on my vr6 now, as has been mentioned, the ride's pretty firm, but great handling. I'm replacing them with coilovers in the next week [new wheels], so they may well be for sale shortly. Think it's the 45mm kit, looks great!

vrev6II, but is the ride really rock hard or is it pretty bearable. i drive down south and some of the roads are shit so i don't want anything too crashy. whats the qualty of the gear like?? does it look the bizzo? cheers :roll:

thanks for all the advice guys. chatted to c+r who said the kit lowers 40mm but is rock hard and will need either powerflex bumpstops on the front (cheap option) or a "comfort kit" at £110 to update to mk4 front sus set up with the rado dampers and springs. is this neccessary? has anyone run the kits (i'm talking nonadjustable ride height) without the comfort pack and broken anything (top mounts etc) i am perplexed. my mate runs RACELAND stuff on his which rides really well and he ahs had no probs. any one had any experience good or bad with their kit?? their kit lowers 35mm. is thi enough?? is the stuff rubbish?

thanks matt_corradovr6 :D