Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Mates G60 rado

Mate of a mate bought a modded G60 which was advertied on this forum & lives in Cov (Yes Jim another rado chappy LOL) anyway, drove the car lastnight, the previous owner had claimed it was pushing 202bhp & must say my 16v seems quicker!!!

Its running a jabba S4 charger, MK3 gearbox, some induction kit, pulleys meant to be uprated & a chip, were the fack the 202bhp is I dont no, but I wasn't disappointed to be honest..

I dont want to slag of the previous owner but I feel that as I had a part in mate buying the car, that some of you guys could shed some light to a new rado owner...

Cheers

Hm... another one to look out for :)

Well seeing as you have been in a similar HP G60 Rado before (mine), i'd be interested to know if you felt whether mine seemed quicker than his as a comparison as i'm supposedly only 4BHP better off than him? Or did they seem about sameish? Or did mine seem slower?? :(

He might have over 200BHP but he could be seriously down on torque for some reason maybe?

I'd say do all the usual checks boost leaks, ECU pipe, timing. Check the Pulley, even take a picture of it for us. Most after market ones are alloy. On the std one you cannot see the little timing belt as it is covered..

Do a boost check on the MFA and post the results.

A G60 may feel a bit tame as you don't need to rev it. I bet even a std one would show you a clean pair of heels on the motorway, which is where G60s come into their own

Gavin

cheers for the replies guys..

Jim, yrs felt very strong & a hell of alot faster.. nice car you've got matey.. :wink:

Gavin, i checked most of the pipes, the engine bay is very clean & everything from what i could see was in order, I did notice when driving it braking hard there brakes judder, maybe warpped discs, also the cars running 9x16's rear & 7/halfx16 fronts it handle like it was goijg to end up of the road!!

I can imagine it would give a 16v a beating, but from driving it I expected alot more :roll:

I've got a feeling the gears are tall, so it goes better top end rather than low down?/ am I right or talking shit :?:

the gears in a mk3 are a lot taller, seems to suit my car very well though.

maybe one of the sensors is faulty or the dizzy timing is way off, or the cam belt out a notch?

are you far from g-werks i'm sure Darren would know whats up

do you know what sort of boost it is putting out?

i think there is a way to do it with the mfa if there is no gauge, maybe try a search.

Hey G, cheers for that, so do you find its picks up more as you go through the gears??

Mate lives in Coventry so thinking to take it to stealths maybe...

Ni idea what boost its running, will ask mate & reply back..

no it seems quicker off the start but goes through the gears quite fast, with the old box it was far too short and could nt make use of the power.

but my engine been lightened and balanced and seems to rev up very fast, i ve never driven a g60 with a g-lader so dont really know what its like

perhaps if there is a problem the longer geared box isnt helping and making it feel really slow :?

if it was 200bhp but down on torque the power would be really high up like honda v-tec engines as torque and power cross at 5250rpm.

sounds like it just needs setting up, or its not as high power as its ment to be.

could the guy have

hey bally...

nice to see another rado in the midlands! who's your mate then? do i know em?

I'm not going ahead with the G now...plans have changed, i'm spending money on the missus' golf mk2 now.

p.s.

if you need the passenger mirror, sunroof, tailgate or spare 16v standard exhaust..let me know. The cars gone and i have the parts off the car. 8)

well i am the former owner and let me tell you it needs the timing sorting out as this is the only thing that was not set up !!!

as far as performance goes it shows a vr6 raddo a clean pair of heals arounrd town and the motorways you need to learn how to drive the g60 its nothing like a 16v as i found out to my disapointment hence i sold the car now have bought a lotus sunbeam and well i have not driven a car like it ever

cheers dale :oops:

Hey Sanj, dont think you no this guy, hes actually a mates mate..

Shame yr not having a rado again... the MK2 should be swee then once its all done..

I need a few bits, will be at daves 2mrw sorting a few bits so I will ring yah if yr abt??

Hey Dale, thanks for the reply, I did say to the lad who bought it that the timings out, so will defo get that sorted :)

The lotus must be sweet...

Goodluck with it all.. :D