Sign in to follow this  
G60_Dean

Fitting VR hubs onto a G60

Im thinking about getting new wheels, problem is they're 5 stud and ive got a G60.

Can anyone advise me on whether a set of VR hubs will fit? i guess they will as ive seen plenty of C's with porsche, audi etc. rims.

Also, how much of a job are they to fit?

Am i right in saying that the only other alternative is to get some 4 to 5 stud adapters?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Im thinking about getting new wheels, problem is they're 5 stud and ive got a G60.

Can anyone advise me on whether a set of VR hubs will fit? i guess they will as ive seen plenty of C's with porsche, audi etc. rims.

Also, how much of a job are they to fit?

Am i right in saying that the only other alternative is to get some 4 to 5 stud adapters?

Cheers in advance for any help.

but bear in mind too that vr hubs will still have a different PCD to all Porsche and some audi rims........so really if eg u wanted porker rims on even with the vr hubs in place you will still need hub adapters........so most cost effective and easiest way is to just buy some 4-5stud adapters :wink:

ok so what if you werent using porsche wheels, I want some 17" borbet type E's for my G60 and I can only get them for VR's how hard is it to fit them on, is it just take mine off put the new ones on.

As I understand it, the rear is easy - just fit VR6 brake discs and the job is done. The front is considerably more involved but for someone who is handy in a workshop, I think the whole thing could be done in an afternoon.

I'll try and dig up the discussion on it as it has come up on here before, and someone found some useful links on how to do it.

Digging around on the net, from what I understand, you need the following VR6 items for the front :

Brake disks, calipers, pads, bearings, control arms, ball joints, sway bar links, spindles.