Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

G60 mods list (costs please?)

whats the estimated cost of something like this (PM me if you prefer)..

Just pondering the mods i could do to a G60 to get it up to about 200bhp. Reliability and efficiency is the reason most of the below is down on the list:

RS intercooler or mercedes sprinter ic?

samco custom hoses for the above

mocal oil cooler and re-routed s/s braided oil lines

smaller thinner radiator fan or radiator itself?

G60 charger Samco hoses :?:

Stainless Steel Boost Pipes :?:

Boost return mod bits and instructions :?:

Blue Ignitors :?:

Air filter possibilities and costs :wink:

Does a Fuel Pressure Regulator help? :?

What is a dual belt 'GT' charger? is that normal? :roll:

What is the type of paint used to spray the coating on the chargers? and if its available public, does it come in black? :oops:

Kinda need a parts list to keep track of so would appreciate the help...

Its ok to list as i've done with a cost or rough idea of what it could cost me.

thanks in advance!

Sanjay.

Darren (G-man), Gavin (scruffydubbers), Woody and even JMR might be able to help. :D

forgot to add...also need a set of carbon Autometer gauges and pod...perhaps Guy H can help as to where you can get them cheap and on tap? :mrgreen:

RS Intercooler about £600 or pick up a sprinter intercooler from scrapie

Mocal oil cooler about £135 fitted that price might be to the place in the slam panel not for an intake as per my car

Smaller more powerful red about £50

Talk to John Mitchell 16vG60 on this forum

ok well i will hopefully have about £500 to spend on a few first mods to a rebuilt G60 (stage 4)...

I'll go for the merc intercooler, as its a little cheaper and both are a bit of a fiddle to fit properly.

I'm waiting for Pipercross to start making hoses for the G60, 16v etc...so they might work out a bit cheaper than Samco and SMS hoses.

The red tops sound good to me for £110...aren't grey's a bit better?

the boost return mod is a certainty at £38

then the Bosch FPR at £48 (do i need this?)

RSR outlet too would be good £70

I'll get the mocal oil cooler and alloy catch tank too from demon tweeks, unless anyone can get them cheaper...along with s/s braided lines. £200 odd?

The toothed belt drive kit at £375...now that sounds like its an improvement, would it be a much better option?

As long as i know how, i'll be doing the work myself upto a certain point...just to save £££'s, if i need the charger looked at Darren...you'll be the first i ring mate.

I'll keep anything stock if its no different from performance aftermarket stuff, like the ignition leads, coil and plugs.

Is there anything similar to a Turn2 induction available for the G60?

Cheers for the help you've given so far...

New range of SNS chips no longer need an uprated fuel pressure regulator. Stick with the one you have. :wink:

Jetex cone filter & heatshield will work much better than the original airbox. 8)

If you're getting a Merc intercooler - have new aluminum header tanks made. The original plastic tanks are crap & they leak. :( In fact you'd do far better to get hold of a Golf G60 intercooler - fits straight into the Corrado with no modifications required, except for the pipework.

i'm not mate...no car so far. Just dreaming for now...but if i have a rough idea of costs, then maybe next year i can sort sommit out while i serve my sentence.

But for now...no rado...the missus 'was' goin to get a mk2 golf, but turns out she now wants a SEAT arosa :|

Who's your mate with the g60 then?

thanks to Darren for the PM and now also John Mitchell too...just waiting for Bilal to make an appearence. I'm stunned how much help the G60 corrado owners have out there, cheers for the help guys...i kinda have an idea of what i need to do now. :wink:

Bally- Just wondered if it was that lad that came edition38 with you, hows your car gettin on anyway mate?

That guy with me is a best mate.. he dont drive believe it or not.. LOL

cars not to bad, de-locked it, next on list is pay a few bits of & change the facking exhaust!!