Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Supercharging a VR6

The v1/v2 have larger impellers and make more boost with a larger pulley. You need a much smaller pulley on the v9 to make the same boost and the smaller you go the more likelyhood of belt slippage. I agree though, for our purposes the v9 is ok as were not going for mental power. The v1/2 just has more potential.

it's all gravy, and why are you so pro the V1 unit??

What difference does it make to you?

I big power was the object you'd go for bigger higher output unit altogether that makes the V1 look week in comparisson, take a look at the specs on the Vortech site to see what i mean!

Chris

You're all waffling now lads, as i'm sure you all know by looking at the specs of the two chargers that they can both produce well over 500bhp so what's the worry? plus it's not the V1 or V2 that's available in this group buy so stop bickering!

Chris

I'm not bickering...I just didn't understand the logic in the last thread. I just wanted some clarification. How is the V9 more efficient than the V1? The V9 can make over 500hp...just not on our VR6's. As stated in an earlier post...a 2.5 inch pulley will make say 8psi on a V1...but not on a V9. The V1 pushes more CFM than the V9...that's where the power is coming from. You just can't take whats on Vortec's website and apply those number to our cars. Like I said before...the only real advantage the V9 over the V1, is the cheaper price.

I myself have a V9, but If I knew what I know now...I would have went with a V1.

300 brake is easier than 300 wheel. :wink: