Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

G60 CAT and Cams?

Couple of newb questions about the G60.. or in particular, mine :oops:

As some of you may or may not know, my G60 was previously owned by stealth racing (i bought it off the guy who bought it off them) and its had some work done to the engine (not loads, but some). And since buying it, I've been trying to find specifically whats been done to it.

The spec list I was told was:

68mm Pulley

Chip

Some Head Work

Manifold

Exhaust

^ Thats pretty much how everything was phrased too... so I'm not totally sure on the details of everything. I've got a big folder of receipts and have managed to find details of a Jabba Sport 68mm Pulley and Chip Kit, and a Gas Flowed Head... also I can see on the car itself that I have a Supersprint Exhaust (or at least a backbox)

My Question is, how can I identify these things to be aftermarket?

Where's the CAT on a G60, so I can see if its been removed?

How can I tell whether the manifold is anything different to standard?

Same question for the Cams? (This was never mentioned to me, however I did a search for past post by kevhl - the forum member I bought the car off. And when he first posted about the car on here, he said it had different cams, but again no mention of what type etc.)

Cheers guys, Chris 8)

have a look under the car at the front of the exhaust see if you see the cat under there.

does it run a vernier cam wheel ? "usally an indication of a cam change"

have a look under the car at the front of the exhaust see if you see the cat under there.

does it run a vernier cam wheel ? "usally an indication of a cam change"

Will have a look next time I see my car (off the road at my parents waiting for the supercharger to go back on - which by the way I picked up today from the post depot, Cheers G-Man :D will let everyone know how my car runs with it back on, and the other stuff I ordered :D)

How about the manifold? du know if theres any way to identify that? or pictures of what the original looked like?

Cheers :)

Yeah I was thinking why don't I just do that after posting this thread :oops:... was kinda hopeing another RR day would come up at stealth so that I could have a chat with him there... but theres been one relatively recently that I missed so I doubt anyone would be interested in another so soon :(

But yeah I think I'll give him a call and see whether he remembers it or not, and if he can tell me anything :)