Sign in to follow this  
woody

Baby Seats Bit of a result

Right the little bugger (Ben) has grown to big for the sitting backwards facing seat in the front so i went to baby R Us and tried about 10 of their seats. (Not wanting to spend £199 on a Recaro he will only puke on it!!!!) The seat which I fitted ok in the back was the Britax which was £89 and had the following description.

A deeper shell and side wings offer protection for your child in side impact crashes

Contoured styling for a good fit in modern sculpted seats

The 5 positions ensure a comfortable journey for your child whether awake or asleep, playing or dozing!

You can easily adjust the recline angle from the front of the seat without disturbing your child – especially handy if they have started to snooze having previously been sitting up, wide awake

Fabrics Available -

Graphite Squares , Urban Slate, Pacific Blue, Mono, Stirling (Limited Edition

When i fitted this seat into the car i found that because of the position of the lower seatbelt which comes through the bottom of the panel did not hold the seat rigid at the bottom however hard you tightened it up. I phoned up Britax and they told me that the way that they test cars is to attach the seat and then pull on both harness, if the top of the seat moved then it was no good. Also they said to even out the base you could place a small pillow under the base which would take away the bucket style of the seat alowing the seat to seat squarley and rigid. Also this allow for the top of the seat to clear the headrest allowing the seat to be positioned in any of it five reclining positions.

The seat did not move at the top and Ben can now check out the interior of my C and pull bits of trim off and throw toys at me while driving.

The seat did not move at the top and Ben can now check out the interior of my C and pull bits of trim off and throw toys at me while driving.

hehe - you should mount it in the boot :)