Sign in to follow this  
willwoll100

VR6 Corrado Gearbox Removal Advice

Could anyone give me any advice on how to remove the gearbox from a VR6 Corrado as its just spat out a load of oil and I need to remove it to see if its just the seal thats gone with a bit of luck but there is a wirring noise coming from the 'box all the time. Please help as I need my car fixed :(

Cheers

willwoll100

Don't take this the wrong way, should you be taking it out if you have to ask how? Not really a complicated task but the tools and facilities required would not be the contents of everyone's garage. Definately a more pleasant job if you have access to a ramp. Trolley jacks and axle stands is the hard way for sure. :(

Chances are that it is pretty bad if it has chucked the oil out. Is there a hole in the diff casing that you can see?

It could be the diff pins that have come out. Although this is very common on rod change boxes I haven't heard of a cable change box doing it.

I do hope it turns out to be something simple.

Gavin

I know that I really should get someone else to do it but money is a major issue here. I have general knowledge of car mechanics but I ain't taken out a gearbox before so I was just looking for a simple guide because I know that I am more than capable of doing it and it has to be done. Wish me luck :!:

I was thinking along the lines of a garage that I know, that is as cheap as chips, but miles away from you, sorry.