Sign in to follow this  
mambomonkey

G60 map sensor failing...

My car, (when you give it some beans), is doing a strange thing. Basically, when you rev it hard through second it pulls 14.5 psi nicely, but then into third and it wont pull any more than 10psi, if you back off for a minute then try again, it'll pull 1bar again...I reckon this must be the map sensor reaching its limit as my ecu is red label, so it must be retarding the timing slightly to cope, although strangely enough it does seem load dependent, - (only really noticable at end of 2nd gear). I am aware that the boys at pitstop are developing a clamp to stop the ecu's doing this, but in the mean time is there any thing i can do to to stop this? Spec of the car is in the signature and as of yet it hasn't really been setup, but otherwise drives and pulls pretty well.....Any help from tuners/forum members welcome....

definatly sounding like map sensor issues thee will.

if you want next time you are down we can try another one for you.

Yeah Daz, i reckon i'll be coming down again soon to abuse Egor etc anyway......Anyone got any idea where i can get my hands on a white label ecu????

Yeah Daz, i reckon i'll be coming down again soon to abuse Egor etc anyway......Anyone got any idea where i can get my hands on a white label ecu????

i have some here but.... i run a pinkie too with 19psi all day long.. we can try a few new things for you matey and get you some more power