Sign in to follow this  
task

1991 g60 wiring on a 1990 corrado g60 .

After having a lot of problems with my corrado,from bad idling to black smoke from the exhaust to an unstable mpg( in general my car wasn't running the way a corrado should be running ) I have changed o2 sensor the blue temp.sensor to the potentio. and ended up buying a new engine along with the fuel injectors and the intake manifold with no use, so I thought there is nothing else except the wiring,

The best thing I could find was the wiring of a 1991 corrado. the problem is it is a bit different than the 1990 model . the 1991 engine wiring system consists of one system that all the engine connectors are included in , where as the 1990 it has two wiring systems that are connected together near the ECU with 2 T connectors, and I have noticed that the connectors for the ignition coil on 91 are missing the red-blk wire ,so there is only the green and the black. going back to the repair manual this is how it is suppossed to be. now after I installed the 1991system my car wont start, the starter is running ok, the fuel punp is too, I can only suspect faulty wiring on the ignition coil. the red-blk wire that i was talking about goes from the ignition coil to pin G1/12 and to slot 25 on the ECU. but G1/12 on the 91 sys. is green-yellow that also goes to slot 25 but misses the ignition coil. is that what is causing my car to not start? any suggestion ? :?

Have you checked, double checked and changed the lambda probe yet? Bad idle, bad performance and lots of black smoke is very characteristic of the lambda probe being shagged.

check for bad wiring before getting the probe.

do a gropund check and a waggle test at the plug as this is where the problems start. Probes are tough wiring aint

the lambda probe is the oxygen sensor right? I have already changed it in april with no help,

what do you mean by gropund check and a waggle test, GazzaG60?

firstly change the blue temp switch for a new one

The probe o2/lambda whatever you wanna call it has 3 wires coming from it. 2 heat, 1 signal. It connects to the harness via a 4 pin plug which has a ground built in that fits to the engine mount. the wires around here go very brittle with heat over time. so much so that they can snap fairly easily. poor engine mounts make this worse. look very carefully at the plug and wiring on the loom side. waggle the wires. if any feel broken or break then fix them up. Get a AF gauge. this will tell you more about whats going on not only with the probe functionality but also the idle and WOT switches along with the warmup switch over point to working on the probe for partial.

once option is to splice in a second earth which is what i have as the PO made a complete balls of looking after this side of the car. i have a second earth to the battery and also the ground for may AF gauge to the battery as the gauge is supposed t tell you what the car is doing

poor grounds really drag a G60 back.