Sign in to follow this  
chuck

Camber settings

First a bit of (maybe) useful info.

Got the tracking and allignment done this weekend, after new wishbones and shocks. Asked for a readout. It gave the standard settings on it. they are:-

Camber front: -0.40deg +/- 0.20deg

Camber rear: -1.30deg +/- 0.10deg

Toe front: 0.0 +/- 1.2

Toe rear: +2.3 +/- 1/2

Now question. 25mm Eibach lowering springs at front. What would be a good camber setting for handling, but without crazy tyre wear?

They couldn't finish mine as i need the narrower diameter bolt for them to give me the correct settings (one side is -2.25 deg camber and the other is +0.32 deg!!). Once I get them, I'm going back for them to finish it, and if the settings are best suited differently due to different set-up, I'll get it done then.

So is this narrow bolt thing uncommon (note new wishbones and shocks)?

make sure the ball joints have been fitted in the middle of the slot ajustment...if theyre not central it will cause camber probs and cv joint wear....although its not a prob to use those bolts as long as the ball joints are right....

After going all week thinking avout this one, all the usual morbid thoughts (new wishbones wrong size, I refitted subfram at an angle - somehow, dodgy new shocks, it must have been in a serious accident at some time..........), I had a look at it myself.

Now I would expect a lot more from a big company like ATS with their digital machine, but the tw@t had adjusted each wheel to the max... the wrong way :shock: . No wonder the camber readings wre a bit mad. I adjusted it middle middle, myself, and it looks OK now. And handles so much better too........

From now on I'm the only one to do anything to my car (I'll supervise the guy tomorrow when he puts it right).

Why are so many people incompetent - funny thing is they get paid for it too....

Right I'll stop ranting now.......