Sign in to follow this  
MT

Brake Pressure Problems

Im having some problems with the foot brake in my g60, just wandering if anyone has had the same problem and can help me out before i visit the stealers and get them to look at it.

Basicly the pressure seems inconsistent, when you initially apply the brake there is a small amount of travel in the pedal and plenty of resistance, normal i assume. If you have the brake applied for a longer period of time such as slowing for a roundabout or on a slip road by the time you are stationary you have had to apply more and more travel to keep the same braking force. The pedal effectively gets 'softer'. The pedal is almost on the floor in the most extreme cases! :shock: The pressure on the pedal is returned instantly if you lift off and reapply!!!

Any ideas guys as im off the lap the Nurburgring in a few weeks and confidence inspiring brakes would be a definate bonus!!! :wink:

Check there are no leaks on the calipers, you'll see damp-like marks on them if there is.

Otherwise sounds like a seal has gone in your master cylinder mate. Its letting brake fluid past it, hence you've got to keep pressing further for same pressure.

I think you can buy the seals and rebuild the cylinder, but probably a better idea to get a new one.

Unless you are confident in fixing brakes, best let a professional look at it!