Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

samco hoses

i'm fitting a golf G60 i/c to my corrado, and have bought seperate samco hoses for the fitment, the throttle body inlet is 60mm and the new hose that i have for going on here is 63mm (assumed it had to be a little bigger to fit over) will this be to big, will it leak boost or can i just tighten it up?

also the sensor (i guess) that was on the plastic pipe from i/c to throttle body inlet, will this need to be incorperated into the new pipework, seen the ally pipe that henny has got from germany but do they do the pipe seperaty? anyone know

cheers in advance

AFAIK, the pipe is sold in terms of which size pipe it goes over... so a 60mm samco is designed to fit onto a 60mm pipe... I reckon 63mm is probably gonna be too big and leak boost... :|

The sensor (CO Pot) is VITAL to the running of a G60 and MUST be incorperated into the pipework else the ECU won't know how to adjust the fuelling for your engine properly and you run the risk of doing serious damage....