Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

g60 possible purchase

i am checking out a g60 tonight

I have a former g60 owner friend checking it out at a later date

What are the key points to look for.

I hear boost pressure being mentioned alot!!!

If there is only a little oil, just factor a charger rebuild into the price you offer for it. If there IS metal, as Josh said, its probably best to avoid it.

Yeah I went and checked out a nugget yellow G60 before I bought my new G60. The yellow one was making amazing boost for a stock charger and pulley. But when I opened up the tube, I found a layer of flakes lining the tube. That charger was going to blow at anytime. Same thing that happened with my former G60. It was getting great boost up until it randomly blew. Also, if you do decide to get it even if it has flakes, test the compression before you actually buy it to make sure the engine is still good with all that metal flake in it.

It’s not worth getting a car with flakes unless you immediately plan on rebuilding the charger, flushing the intercooler, cleaning the boost tubes and doing a few oil changes to make sure you don’t have any flakes in there.