Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Stealer Prob

Right, once again the parts dept at my local VW garage have done me over! :x

First time, I can accept for being a little nieve, so I stood the £70 they did me out of. This time if they don't sort it, the bloke behind the counter will feel the wrath of an annoyed 17st man.

I ordered a throttle cable for my G60, but due to my mate going on hol and me working away, have taken about 3 weeks to get round to fitting.

My mate (who is a mechanic at a different dealers) has pointed out it's the wrong cable. Apparently the one I need has a hook at the dash end, this one has a ball and a spring.

Should I stand my ground and tell then to get it sorted, or accept it again?

Surely it's their mistake for ordering the wrong bit?

Thanks

RACK

If you went in and asked for the throttle cable for a Corrado G60 and they looked up what they thought was right and ordered that for you then yes.. go back to them and demand an exchange or money back.

If however you went in armed with a part number and they sent that exact part number over then you are probably out of luck as they got what you asked em to :)

As Jim says :? Happened to me with some speaker covers- I actually showed the guy my broken ones and he still managed to order the wrong colour and then try to blame me! :mad: I stood my ground, and wrote to Head Office. They sent me an apology and made him send me a grovelly apology too :lol: Haven't seen him since. Got my correct speakers too :)

I ordered and payed for it over the phone, then picked it up the next day.

I didn't have the part number so assumed they would order the right one. So it is their mistake.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'm gonna stand my ground

Rack, I'd say get yourself etka, then you can cross check the numbers yourself. :mrgreen:

You can always post up here for a number. Plenty of folk will help you out.

Cheers

Gavin

yeah take it back john and exchange it for the right one. just ask for one for a corrado with pg engine code

I'm gonna get on the phone to them shortly, so I'll let you know.

I never thought about posting for a part number.

When I asked for the part, they asked what was the car reg no and what engine code.

Surely this proves their mistake.

I wouldn't mind too much, but the old cable has stretched slightly so I can't really get WOT and it's like the car has torrets, it can't control idle!!!

Return of the phanton rever :lol:

@g-man I'll give you a ring soon mate just to confirm all's still ok for the 20th.

Thanks loads ppl

RACK