Sign in to follow this  
King_prawn

Charger Lube

Chargers are lubed with a PTFE spray when they are rebuilt. I have run G60s for a number of years and haven't come across any mention of additional lubricatioin being required when running without boost return. I may be wrong however and I am sure g-man and beavis will be along soon to clear the point up.

Gavin

When I ordered my Boost return kit from G-werks, Darren also recommended a tin of PTFE spray to keep the charger lubed. One spray at both inlets once a month is what I was advised.

King Prawn, where in Cornwall are you?

Can I use GT85 to lube the charger up? Want to do it this evening as I've not done it since fitting the boost return kit (my bad). I'll be popping into Halfrauds to pick some up on the way home from work if I can. Cheers

Can I use GT85 to lube the charger up? Want to do it this evening as I've not done it since fitting the boost return kit (my bad). I'll be popping into Halfrauds to pick some up on the way home from work if I can. Cheers

I wouldn't mate. If I were you I'd just get on the phone/email Darren and get the right stuff.

GT85 is well thin, not at all like the stuff they supply which is more of a spray grease.

Gavin

Aye, Darren and Steve have spent a lot of time and effort researching these chargers, it just wouldn't be worth trying to save a tenner in th elong run.

I think they were doing a group buy on the Spray either on dubforce, here or pitstopdevelopments.com..

Gavin