Sign in to follow this  
mog-g60

my car stoped and the fuel pump wont run HELP ME PLEASE SOME

i HAVE A G60 K REG

I was driving along and just stoped. I checked the fuel pump and it was not priming or running. I changed the relay still no joy. then i connected a feed from the battery to the fuel pump and the car started and run. What i need to no is what else would stop the pump from running and how to test for it?

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATFULLY REACIVED.

MOG :?:

Cheers for the reply, but i have already checked fuse 18 it is ok.

Also i have put a tester on connection to the pump and when i put the ignition on i get a current of about 9v.

Any other ideas?

You had any water near the fusebox ?

Try a new fuse anyway - sometimes the contacts go bad.

Is the relay that you're now using a new one & is it seated correctly ?

9v would be the voltage, its good 3.5 v down on what it should be! The pump should still run but not as fast. Deffo electrical problem, check all devices again for poor connection like fuse, relay and all earth connections

I had a similar problem with mine a while back.

The switching earth to the fuel pump relay had died, meaning that when the car started/tried to start, the earth wasn't made, meaning the circuit couldn't complete and no fuel pump.

I cheated as a get-me-home by permnamently earthing the fuel pump relay, but it meant it whirred when the ignition was switched on rather than just at start and whilst the engine is running. (its gets the switching earth signal from the ECU. Its designed like that so in the event of a crash and the engine stopping, fuel isn't pumped everywhere!).