Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Alternative to weber firebreather for 16v??

Has anyone come up with an idea for this? Whats the chances of getting a vr theottlebody to fit???

Went to the breakers to see if anything there could be used but nothin the right size :roll:

Have thought about this myself - not a standard TB from other vehicle but modding the existing TB and manifold.

Basically get two 16v TB's, chop them in half, and do a humpty dumty with the two big openings, then mod manifold to suit.

IMO the actual opening on the manifold is the restrictive bit

How big is a throttle body off a 2.3l Audi? I'm sure I fitted one of these to my Mk1 Golf 8v. Is it bigger than a standard 2.0l 16v one? If so would it fit?

if it fitted your MKI, it'll fit a valver 'cos the mounting points are the same... 8)

The 2.3 audi 1 is the same size as 16v 1,Mk1s came with a small throttlebody so thats a good mod for them.

Ive got 3 spare 16v throtttle bodys!

Oh right.. :oops:

Well, any one any other ideas? Would be interested in a larger throttle body myself... 8)

Flusted - do you want to sell me one of your spare TB's, i've got one but obviously need two and there's not many on ebay these days!

Today at scrappy i'v spoted th bodie that seems wicked, honda accord v-tech, looks like with a bit of modding to manifold it would bolt on quite nicely, its huge and looks allot like fire breather!

Would of done but muppet behind counter said "It wont fit to your vw mate"!!!, than after i assured him things can be modified to fit, he said " it's hundred quid than"! Fuc**n idiot, thats why i didnt bother, but will keep an eye on accords from now on 8)