Sign in to follow this  
brandonvw

G60 or Rallye? and power

hi all, Im debating wether or not to get a Corrado G60 or Golf Rallye. I love them both, but thought I'd ask on different forums for peoples opinion.

Also how much power do the Corrado and the Rallye have?

And finally, Im going to get a 65mm pulley and Chip, so what sort of power will i get after those mods?

Many thanks in advance.

Major difference is LHD/RHD and 4wd equation. Similar engine (not exatly the same) but totally different car to drive I suspect. Both will put out around 165bhp but you have more transmission loss on the Rallye. Maybe 190bhp with the chip and pulley. Body parts would be equally expensive if not more for the Rallye.

Rallye's are rarer than the Corrado but dont look good with the OE wheels. If you like being different and are not looking for outright performance then the Rallye is probably better. I would imagine the Corrado is an easier car to look after and in my opinion looks far better.

Both cars have VERY similar standard power outputs and similar acceleration and top speeds, even though the Rallye engine is a few CCs smaller than the Corrados...

65mm will give you around 200bhp if the charger is in good condition, or leave you with a bill for a new charger and possibly an engine strip down if it's not in good condition... :| Get the charger seen to before sticking a small pulley on it and you'll be fine... 8)

Personally, I'd go for a Corrado over a Rallye every day, the Rallye looks like a golf with a body kit on it, the Corrado looks like nothing else on the roads... 8)

Rallye fo ra good example will set you back 5500-8000, and a good exapmle g60 proba around the 3500-5000 mark. The rallye is a very different class of animal in my opinion, sits above the other v dubs with the 4wd..........

but it all really depends on the car itself, what works been done on it? What condition its in??? Whether you want to stick to std or not etc

From being converted to the corrado, id go with the g60 personally. Im still screwing i bought a valver!!! Rallyes need to be experienced though!!!

p.s. i jsut got a call from subaru, im booking the 24 hour test drive now!!!!!!! Watch the news on saturday morning, of reports of a subara imprezza tearing through hyde park 8)