Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Stus 2.0 16v

Ideal for me:

Whey-hey, gone and bougt it at last. M plate. I know its not a vr6 but on my budget the 16v is perfect.

Stepping from the Golf CL Mk2, it feels very cool. A much stiffer lower ride given by the lower springs & 17" wheels certainly makes you feel the road. Sat lower down I feel like im in a much sportier car; heads do turn. Engine pick a bit slower than the golf but once the foot is firmly on the pedal the revs keep picking up. Its a luxury to have CD, abs and other things. The Spoiler certainly is a boys-toy, which i soon forget about. Steering feels slightly heavy, not sure if thats normal or the set-up. The set-up is wrong though; tracking off, means it 'white-lines', and scuffing the inner tyre line on front.

Everything is in working order, fingers crossed. The non-standard Alarm has a mind of its own.

Im thinking of going back to standard with springs & 15" wheels [bbs]. The 17" are a constant worry for theft & damage.

Been out in this car more in one week than in a month with the Golf. Enough said!

More pics will follow when i get my own camera.

Looks nice - hope to see it around - I work pretty close to Kenilworth (just up at Warwick Uni on the Kenilworth Road)

You're even closer than you think.

And yes, a VERY keen eye you have Henny, G reg rocco - belongs to mum. I reckon its quicker. jim you might'v seen it about going down Westwood Heath Rd; keep those peepers open.

this year, a lad called nelly (neil) he was british 125 champion , the we are nelly riding , my bro in law throws in the ££ (his company trade frames racing) and i do the mechanics, also did the ulster gp

now the 400 class has gone from the gp we're probably getting a new cbr 600rr and racing it next year

600's should be fun, yet more money. Is that Hondas only? Or includes the likes of R6?

The 400 suites my size, or even a RS250. I used to have an RS125 Extrema, very neat bike, but i couldnt fit on a 125gp bike with my 10st lard-ass.

Nice pic, shows the real picture huh. It reminds me of 1000's blasting past the 400 on track days down a straight. Once day i will go on track days; ive missed the boat for racing.

if you havent been to the TT , you should go , yeah thats any 600 , gix6 r6 etc

its frightening stuff :shock: really

a canadian guy in the next trailer to us died on the first practice :cry: