Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

65mm, YEEE HAAA!

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but not by me!

The question is! Is the extra power you get from a 65mm rather than 68mm worth the extra strain on my charger?

I have what seem's to be a 70mm pulley(maybe 68mm) and a jabasport chip from 1999. They both need replacing as my car isn't fast enough low down in the rev's.

The PLAN!!

SNS chip from pitstop developments

ported charger done also at pitstop developments(this may have to wait a few mounths)

a 65mm pulley.

I never will be as the CFM isn't high enough at low revs to feed the engine with what it needs, my VR doesn't feel the charger 'til over 3,000rpm at least!

Chris

P.s. I can do you a goo Nitrous kit which is easier, cheaper & will do what you want!!!

it doesn't put much extra strain on the charger if you keep your revs in a reasonable range. with a 62mm i've been told not to pass 6100rpm. so.. with a 65mm you're lookin at what.. 6250-6400?? something like that?

you're reving the charger higher on a more frequent basis with a smaller pulley.. but as long as you don't go past the design limits, you should be fine as long as the charger was serviced well, and is maintained.

Deleted dupicate for ya. VR

I don't really take it to 6000rpm anyway. I just want it to have power like my 8v scirocco had between 2000-3000rpm. If fiting a 65mm pulley do I need better injectors? I have heard that there not direct replacment it involves some work on your head to make them fit?

Who's that SNS rep on here? I could do with sorting the plan out with him as I'm going to use one of his chips.

Hi!!

65mm pullies are great in my opinion, they get the most out of the charger up to 6200 safely. No point revving the engine past that as the power drops off after 6k ish anyway.

As far as injectors are concerned, you'll only need to uprate them if you make at least 15psi with a cam (at least 16psi without) Peak boost. The replacements are 30lb injectors and fit straight in. No head work needs to be done. I can provide you with these if need be.

When going for a smaller pulley make sure the charger and engine are in good nick!

A question?? when reading all the posts on vortex they say that the maf will only take 1 bar of boost ? 14.5 psi so how do people run more than this without modding the maf ? is this somthing you can do "sns" as without it being done i cant see how anyone can run more than 14.5 psi with whatever size pulley they run..

also i was recomended to stick with 68mm pulley cos all though u will raise the boost u will lose cfm by running the smaller pulley? im new to all this but have been doing some reserch before i start taking my car to the next level...

thanks FF

Its all geting checked out at the moment. (to much oil in boost pipes but it shouldn't be the oil seals on charger). :p If I had a pitstopdevelopments ported charger, SNS chip with my current spec full supersprint exhaust system, replacment filter, moded airbox, rallye intercooler, samco hoseing(not sue if count? :lol: ), funny little metal valve thingy near oil breather and a 65mm pulley would I then be close to 15psi?

What will I gain by puting in 30lb injectors and how much for them? they sound easy to fit? When all the above is carried out will I reqiuire a custom mapped SNS chip or will an off the shelve do? Sorry for all the qestions but I've got to get it sorted and buy thing's in the best order.

Cheers Dubcharged,

you should be close to 15psi even with a 68mm. i get 10psi at 3000rpm with my 68mm..

if you don't take the car past 6000rpm and you're mostly concerned with improving low-end grunt... i'd say to go with a 62mm. that's what i'm planning on after i ungrade the fuel sys... 3.5bar fpr and 30# injectors. most 30# ford injectors will work.. you can usually find em cheaper that way..

i had the same concern about the map sensor... but i was told by SNS that with the chip it is of no concern.

off the shelf SNS stage 5-5 will be :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

G60, I reckon the ford's we get over here are going to be different. What sort of models had 30lb injectors fitted?

62mm that a bit extreme for me!! G60 love the picture of your Corrado with out the front end on! Looks mean as something from Mad Max 10 :lol: !

"G60, I reckon the ford we get over here are going to be different. What sort of models had 30lb injectors fitted?"

should be the same... i dunno exactly what models had em. ask for 30# injectors and see what they come up with. a good guy to ask is Sam Brown from http://www.snstuning.com/.

"62mm that a bit extreme for me!!"

hey.. you're the one with caios and PWR in ur nick!! :lol:

62mm is completely safe to 6100rpm.

hey.. you're the one with caios and PWR in ur nick!! :lol:

I've been found out. :lol: :oops: Its going to get there in the end. After the above is done, which is all I can manage at the moment. I'll be looking into head work and shirik cam! Then when I'm bored of that and have won the lottery :lol: it'll be time for the 16vG60!!!!!! :evil:

PDmotorsports G6016v is the one for me!!!!!!

"5-5 is for 30# injectors, with up to a 268 cam. It works well with a 260 as well. adjust the WOT switch so it does not engage. Good for down to 62mm pulley."

that is what danny (jwatts) from SNS told me about my stage 5-5 chip when i asked. that is the standard coding they use... could be different for UK spec though. never know..

I'll be stumped if i know... thats what they told me..

thats what i thought tho.. :scratch:

i'm gonna ask sammy...

Edit: Swearing (again) ;). VR

OK, the maf in the ECU actually has 200kpa stamped on it. However it gets unreliable after 1bar. We havent adjusted the sensor we've mapped for higher than 1bar using other parameters like rpm along with info from the maf.

I was running 16psi all day on my 62mm and made sure the fuelling was correct by doing some wideband testing.

The UK code is slightly different to hte US but only in terms of fuelling and timing, the No Lag coding is the same.

Caios: You'll have top get a boost gauge to see what youre producing, i recommend a 268 cam to get more flow for that extra power leave the head flow for later. Also, with a 65mm pulley that airbox and the induction hose will restrict flow. We have a bunch of custom chips made for the 30lb injectors.

bilal. When we getting the soft limiter like danny has been doing a few times?

i fancy some of that i do.

gazza: you saw that rocco with a G60 and SNS soft limit on the vortrex didn't you? danny told me that's the only chip they've done the soft limit on, and that is because its strictly an autoX car. they're not putting the soft limit on our chips... they set the limiter to 7200rpm so you never have to use it.. use common sense instead (i know its hard sometimes!) :lol: