Sign in to follow this  
maximus2029

RE spray

hello,i have got to get this car re-sprayed either same colour or another,haven't decided yet probably depends on how much it cost.

Does anyone know any really cheap places to get this done?

Thanks

Wherever you end up getting the car sprayed - go & check some of the vehicles that they've already sprayed, to see what kind of results they end up with.

our place is good for resprays but it doesnt come cheap we use DuPont paint but its in Liverpool so its quite a hike for you as long as your car isnt going to take much preparing i.e big dents (dont count door opening dent along the bodyline) or rust holes we charge about £750 also undertaken are Audi door handles and TT fuel filler caps but this starts pushing the price up

i too have been looking for a bodyshop to undertake a paintjob and have been getting some very scary quotes...

i know somebody in chelmsford & another just outside of sevenoaks who would do a top job, the one in chelmsford has work you can check out as well...neither are cheap...but u pay for quality.

i know somebody in chelmsford & another just outside of sevenoaks who would do a top job, the one in chelmsford has work you can check out as well...neither are cheap...but u pay for quality.

do you have contact details for these companys ... as im looking for something a bit special.. 8)

hello,i have got to get this car re-sprayed either same colour or another,haven't decided yet probably depends on how much it cost.

Does anyone know any really cheap places to get this done?

Thanks

Why bother if with the hassle for a cheap job? You'd be better advised to have dodgy area's blown in for a better quality finish.

bear in mind if your after a cheap paint job, a cheap paint job you wil get! and there realy is nothing worse than a bady painted car. I'd save up for a bit longer and get a proper job done :)

bear in mind if your after a cheap paint job, a cheap paint job you wil get! and there realy is nothing worse than a bady painted car. I'd save up for a bit longer and get a proper job done :)

True, last thing you want is to have to do it again. Are you changing the colour?

One of the things i found when i got my car sprayed was some of the quote was on stripping parts of the car out.

I stripped the whole car out, no trim no seats, just the dash left in.

Because of this he took the doors, bonnet and boot lid off to spray them and the bumpers were off when he sprayed them. I also took the windows out.

It was all a bit scary seeing my car in 1000 pieces, but i am so glad i did it, the price was for the prep and spray.

I payed £1000 all in cash.

I am very very happy with the finish.

Basically he fixed the dents and rubbed it down, primer, waited for a week for the dents to settle, primered again and waited for any imperfections, fix and re primered and then base coat x3 and laquer and hardener.

Problem is the materials, make sure they use good laquer and hardener otherwise your paint will look bad after a couple of years.

The stuff my guy was using was £100 a gallon for the hardener and £100 a gallon for the laquer. :shock:

Will get mine shined up and a few photos up.

With the prep work i did on the car, most quotes were £1000 - £2000

I knew this guy so he did it for £1000 cash

I also looked at an M5 BMW he had just done and it looked 8) so he was the one who got my money

It was just one bloke, i went to a few garages and they had a couple of spanner monkeys who were too eager to get there hands on my car, :!:

Beavisjem

I thought i'd stripped my down too. But Jason stripped all the internals of the doors and tailgate out too and paint them inside and out including new sealer around the welds. It was in the shop for 9 weeks in total two of which the car was left standing in primer in a huge plastic bag for everything to settle. There no-way jason's boss made a profit on painting my car. Then again don't think thats the reason he agreed to the job.

Hi Beavis,

You said you took the windows out for the respray. Was that including the windscreen and rear quarters. If so, how did you do it and was it difficult?

he probably spent the best part of 2hrs per qaurter...them windows are a right bugger to get out!

You need a tool with two pull handles one either end of a piece of string that can be pushed behind the front of the window seal, then you pull left to right in a cutting motion and cut the seel till the window pulls free.

Same goes for the windscreen....but i reccomend a new one, if you can pull a few strings with insurance and get a new one put in.

Theres a guy near me who does A-class jobs...top jobs, he used to work for BMW i think, and qouted me £450 to spray just my bonnet and one wing on the corrado...that inc. blowing down the door to blend it in.

His prices are quite high, but i suppose its qaulity you pay for.

His contact details are:

Paul Cox panel and paint ltd.

unit 6,

8 hartburn close,

crowlane ind. estate,

northampton.

01604 784466.

Yes i did take all the glass out of my car, i decided i wanted the best finish, the guy who sprayed mine said he wanted the glass out.

It took about 2 hours for each quater, just a big knife and lots of blades. I rushed the first window and cut throgh the seal that meets the door :mad: so had to get another window.

I also too the front screen out, i needed a new one any ways (big crack) so i just sat in the drivers seat and kicked it out, very satisfying. Hard work though.

I also took the tail gate apart and all the spoiler mech out (it still works when i put it together :p ) also too the sunroof out to get that sprayed. (that works too :) ) The rear window is not too hard to take out.

Going to clean it today so i might have some nice pics