Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Electric Windows + Mirrors

Since having the door handles replaced on my car:

1. Both side electric mirrors dont work

2. Passenger side electric window only works using the drivers side controls

Strange thing about the electric windows is that if you are winding it down using the drivers side panel controls then someone presses the passenger side control at the same time then the window stops moving!

I am guessing there are some loose connections caused by removing the door cards - but should i check the fuses / anything else first?

1) Check the fuse, if it's OK and your car is an early one (window switches in the door card, not on the door pocket) waggle the switch around a shed load... they get crudded up inside and stop working 'cos they get used so infrequently! :lol:

2) you've probably got a broken switch on the passenger side... I had EXACTLY this problem with my Corrado... The switch (at least the early ones) are about £15 from VAG and will sort the problem in a couple of minutes... 8)

hmm im gonna try the waggle trick when i set off home in a min as my electric morrors have stopped working all of a sudden, (mind you i only adjust them once in a blue moon to check where the kerb is when parking as no one else drives my car,, ) so crudding up sounds perfectly possible

Olly - i think Henny was referring to the electric window switch - regards wiggling it etc! Not sure what would happen if u did that to ur electric mirros switch :roll:

Henny was spot on regards the window switch - after a good bash it now works right as rain :)

I'll invest in a new mirrors switch for the mirrors once i've saved enough after paying for a new windscreen :roll:

nope, I WAS on about the mirror switch... it's got a whole shed load of small contacts inside it, and one lump of crud inside it can cause it to pack in completely... waggling it around loads frees it up and moves the crud out of the way meaning it works once more... 8)

Hm.. will have to try that little trick out. My driver side mirror works intermittently and my passenger side works most of the time.. hopefully a good waggling of the controller stick will sort it! Cheers for the top tip Henny :)

Sorry to jump in here,

I was wondering if you could give me some pointers.

My lectric windows keep blowing the fuse above relay 90. It took me 4 to raise the window.

I have been waiting a few days so it get warmer so i can have a look.

Had a problem yesterday when i couldn't get the fuel cap off because the central locking is on the same fuse :mad:

Put a fuse in to activatet the central locking but it didn;t work either :( Didn;t blow a fuse either,

What should i do and what should i look for when i test all the wires

Beavisjem