Sign in to follow this  
jetcorrado91

G60 Transmission Swap QUICKER?

Howdy I am new to this forum but, I own a corrado G60 Jet 91 I love it to death(my sis says I will be with my car in the grave with my hand on the stick shift)(sorry :( I just love my car) anyways...........My trany just went out wow 288000kl and it was still going but my friend had a 16V 2.0l and he got into a wreck ouch SO SAD anyways I took advantge and bought his tranny I had to switch the linkage but everything else was easy changerover. But I noticed I am a lot quicker on the take off. Is this because the car was geared different or what? also I am not as fast top end thou I only hit 220kl/hr now instead of 240. Oh and soon I will be starting the project of a life time whooohh. I am converting my euro spec car to american specs oh you may complain and say why waste your money Well it is because it is the JET model and who else will have that in the states.

Hello and welcome :)

There's someone who knows a lot about the different gear ratio's around here somewhere - I'm sure they'll be along soon.

if you really want to know about VW gearing.. find G60ING on http://www.vwvortex.com or search for some of his gearbox posts there. he has ratios for the vast majority of VW gearboxes available.