Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Clutch problem?

as above, havent driven the car for just under 3wks, gave it a run into london Sat & found that when the engine gets hot the biteing point is so low the pedal gets stuck, give it a smack & its comes free.. i switched the engine off as I was waiting for a space & the car wouldnt re-start, so I ended up having to push it into a space..

I came back to the car a few hrs later & it started no probs..

Now my Ques is the clutch on its way out? is there any electrical problem too??

hey Bally looks like your back then mate from your hols, its Baz by the way....

i have a similar situation too...there is a slight friction sound when i pull away from a cold first time.....its very slight but you can feel it on the pedals......................

by the way your cars looking nice :D

Cheers for the replies guys.. I'll have a look into that.. hopefully its something easy, dont want to be out there in that facking cold weather trying to fix things! :(

hey baz, cheers mate, long time, must meetup sometime.. I've lost yr number cos fone got nicked while I was away :mad:

The rubber gaitor on my clutch slave cylinder got caught in the piston and gave similiar problems on a VR6. Luckily cx under warranty (several moons ago!)

i'l drop you a line sometimes Bally

*mod edit - triple post removed for you - Henny*

Yep, check the fluid resevior and look for signs of a leak around the hydraulic pipes and the slave...

Guys I had a look under the bonnet (not sure were I meant to be looking :roll: ) but wasnt sure were I meant to be looking.. anyone able to give a rough idea pls :?:

Is that electrical problem the same as the one that nearly had you stranded at that petrol station just outside of Bath mate - like same kind of problem?