Sign in to follow this  
mantaraman

My starting problem fixed...

Chaps

I've had the starting problem that seems so common on KR engines. Cam belt bust, had a new one fitted so it obviously was retimed etc.

It STILL didn't start properly.

This weekend I found a hole in the exhaust, so fixed that. It still didn't fix the starting problem. I then bought a new dizzy cap. No luck either. I then went to change the fuel filter, and then gave up half way through because it was so bloody cold! Still didn't fix it. I then went and did something that I've tried before that didn't work, and that was to unplug the blue connector to the cold start valve, only this time the pipe has a small bend (almost a kink) in it which I straightened out. The car now starts on the first turn, even first thing in the morning.... :lol:

So, I have no idea whether it was an accumulation of all of the above, or the latter. But now it seems to be OK. Big test will be this lunchtime when I go to start it, as that usually gave me grief...

All sounds good... :D so you've either enabled fuel to get to the cold start valve, or stopped it over fuelling on start up :D