Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Problems??

Rite guys! Ive just collected my first corrado g60 of which i am very pleased with! tho i have just a few questions and queries?? when i accelerate hard the car seems to struggle a bit slightly, seems weird, i was told by the owner that it might be the lambda sensor, is it worth changing any way, the car has only got 69000 miles on the clock... when i am driving normally it seems ok but as soon as i boot it there doesnt seem much there... its had a recent charger rebuild, chip and pulley etc done recently and is expected to be putting out around 180+ bhp?? the car is drivable but even the owner said it wasnt as quick as it used to be when he first got the chip and pulley etc done??

Cheers for any help

Mike

You may have a weak fuel pump or dodgy vacume hose connections so the ECU is not fueling for boost conditions. A failing lamba probe tends to give the opposite symptoms to what you have i.e. poor off boost/normal driving running and runs fine on boost as the lamba probe is ignored by the ECU when you go full throttle.

Cheers Matey!

I will go over all the connections tommorow! thats if i dont have to much of a bad hangover after tonite!!

That woz it! the vacume to the ecu , there was a split in it, goes like stink now! i had to cut it down for the mean time! will have to get some new hose tommorow or something!

Thanks for youe help!!

Yeah i know but, but there wasnt anywhere open today as it woz new years day, i am getting some more tommorow hopefully.

Cheers