Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Water temps dont like freeway

I have a 1990 G60 and I just changed the oil cooler to the radiator style cooler to eliminate any water to oil heat transfer. my car did have oil in the water and it was from the stock oil cooler, which is now gone. my car didnt like the freeway before and still doesnt like the freeway now after theis transformation. my water temps normally stay at about 172F which is gratefully low for a corrado but its how I have tuned the car. the fact is when I get on the freeway and drive for like 5 miles the temp goes up to about 200F which is way too much for my liking. I drive it on the street and it stays low, especially in stop and go traffic. but once I keep the revs at about 2800 RPMs for a while the heat goes way up. anyone got anything. the radiator was just replaced but probably has excess oil in it.

Things that were also recently replaced in the cooling system were headgasket, thermostat, coolant resevoir, coolant system cap, both head flanges, and heater core. only thing I havent done is water pump and Fan I believe.