Sign in to follow this  
Coley17778

SLIGHT BACKFIRE

HAD MY 2LITRE VALVER TICKING OVER ON MY DRIVER REVED HER A FEW TIMES AND WHEN THE REVS ARE DYING DOWN SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A SLIGHT MISFIRE ALSO THINK I AM GETTING POOR MPG QUITE A BIT OF CLOUDY SMOKE AFTER FITTING NEW CAT ARE THESE LINKED???MAYBE A TUNE UP NEEDED ANY IDEAS CHEERS

hi coley i live near peterlee.i sent u pm if u wana get in touch i can point u in the direction of someone with a diagnostic machine.Shouldnt cost 2 much to get it checked.Also r u going to croft in april???

Thanks for the pm mate i have had my motor on vag com at a guy i know who is ex stealers mech and no faults came up can you get better diagnostic machines than others like better software or summit been told dealers are better to find faults is this true?.not sure about croft mate sounds interesting though need my car sorting first only getting about 270 out of a 15 gallon tank been told a should be getting at least 350miles its got my head done in can the lambda probe cause my c to be thirsty?ps sorry for taking an age to reply help appreciated mate cheers :)

yeah mate cud be the lambda.I had no end of probs with my car running like crap,misfiring,not revving properly,drinking fuel etc and after an age of replacing plugs,leads,dizzy cap,fuel filter etc i got it plugged into a machine and it came up straight away with the lambda being at fault.Got it replced and seems to run ok now.But get it checked first cos it could be a costly purchase if its not that.

Also i just thought on...i dont htimk a vagcom is any good to diagnose stuff on the 2litre 16v.I think it only can read certain stuff on this engine compared with other models(could anyone verify this for me please???).The machine i got used on mine wasnt a vagcom so the fault showed up straight away.

cheers mate will get that checked out thinking of getting a magnex exaust system in the near future so i will get it all checked out at once thanks for the help :thumb right: