Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

C'mon all you C 8-valve owners where are you???

c'mon guys if your hiding just cos you've got the 2.0 8v under your bonnet!!........i almost bought 2 of them and one was an auto :shock: so they are out there......and also considered the purest looking of them all.....dunno why though :? as they look identical to all intents and purposes as their 16v and vr6 brothers(just the wheels and noise separates the vr6 from them)

looks like they're pretty much the rarest C you can get...apart from jez's campaign 8) could well be rarer than the storm........so c'mon out of hiding your more than welcome here

It does seem a bit funny that.. I only know of one owner on the eGroup with an 8v.. I haven't actually ever seen one either.

Rare as hens teeth! :)

I nearly bought one, but I'd test driven a nail of a G60 before and fell in love with the G60 engine... 8) (it was the body that was a nail, the engine was excellent! :lol: :roll: )

I get the impression that most of the 2.0 8V Cs are bought by people who just like the look and aren't really into the scene as is... Either that, or they like the looks with the slightly cheaper insurance! :)

Dunno, I could be talking outta my @#$3, wot do you lot think??? :? :lol:

i havent ever seen one..

they do exist tho darren(not saying you said thay don't btw)........i almost bought one from the local vw-stealer in aberdeen........looked very nice too with black totally unmarked paintwork,1-previous owner,FVWSH....and only 22k on the clock........apart from it being an auto :oops: something i thought i could maybe live with due to its A1 condition,anyway the stealer had it up for a pretty steep £11k in sept 2000 and still had for sale in april 2001 though by this time down to £8k when i enquired about it they just wanted rid and were giving me over book for my bmw compact,so arranged a test-drive only to be beaten to it by someone else who wanted it and bought it there and then.....thank god...........anyway seen it for sale again with 29k miles on it just last august for £6k

yeah i have heard rumor that there is one in brighton " justupthe road from me " are they badged 8v or as i would think just corrado??

think they are badged just corrado.

They were the late ones werent they. they had lots of gadgets n no poke. not that much cheaper to insure either. maybe a easy cross-flow turbo conversion though

I believe Mark Baker has an 8V - he bought some FK coilovers on the same group buy as me. From what I've heard about these, they are not as bad as you think really - the 8V engine has loads of low down torque so is great if you don't want to rev lots. The downside being that the C is very heavy, and needs more grunt in the BHP stakes. If I remember rightly there are 8 of these Cs in the CCGB membership list.

Cheers

Mark

yeah - theres one parked round the corner from me. They dont have any red badges on the front which is a sure sign..

they are not as bad as you think really - the 8V engine has loads of low down torque so is great if you don't want to rev lots. The downside being that the C is very heavy, and needs more grunt in the BHP stakes.

i dunno... i popped the co_pot out of a boost tube last year... in pitch darkness and didn't know what the problem was. drove it home with no boost pressure and it was like watching paint dry. so slow.... :?

i dunno... i popped the co_pot out of a boost tube last year... in pitch darkness and didn't know what the problem was. drove it home with no boost pressure and it was like watching paint dry. so slow....

I guess it would seem slow compared to a G60, and you would probably think my 16V was slow too compared to yours - it's what you are used to I suppose - once you get a more powerful car there's no going back.

Cheers

Mark

put a turbo on that valver and i wouldnt think its slow!! :)

agreed :lol: :lol:

well according to the poll we have finally got our first 8-valve Corrado-owner(btw....all you G-60 owners don't count).........so come on then own up...who owns one???........and welcome to the forum........you might just have the second most rarest of all Corrado's here........jeremy is obviously first.......and i suppose nigel's jet isn't exactly common either