Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

speedo cable

my speedo seems to have stopped in my 1990 1.8 16v corrado i've checked the back of the clock and the cable is pugged firmly in theback of the clocks what else could it be?

I'd go with speedo cable being broken too... Unplug it from the back of the clocks and then roll the car forwards (or backwards!) a few feet to see if the square center bit turns. If it doesn't, you need a new cable.

checked the cable mate and it seems to be not turning at all, how easy are the cables to change? thanks bobby

in that case the cable's snapped... :| You need a new one from VAG.

They're held on at the gearbox end (on top of the Diff) by either one or two 10mm headed bolts. BE VERY CAREFUL as you remove it, as there's a big corkscrew style gear on the end of the cable which you will probably need again and they're relatively easy to knock off and into your gearbox requiring a strip down! :?

I've never fitted one to a Corrado (mine have all been digital dash versions) but from doing them on other VWs, it shouldn't be too much of a drama to fit it. I'd guess it passes from the engine bay into the dash area rather than the other way around...