Sign in to follow this  
quikstu

Boot lock seized.

Got a 1994 VR6.

Boot lock has seized & will not open. Thought it was just frozen after washing it but thats been two weeks now!!!

Not exactly easy to get at the lock from within the boot.

Anyone had this problem?

Ideas/remedies????????

Thanks in advance folks.

:(

What exactly do you mean mate? Is the central locking not unlocking it or is it that the key doesn't work in the lock but it does release the boot?

As most folk have alarms that work the locking remotely, it would only be a concern that the key doesn't operate the lock if you have fitted rear handles.

Gavin

Mate, i had the same problem last time! i got some spray grease and stuck it in via the little straw and sprayed it in. left it for 15 mins and it suddenly let me open it!

Also it was much easier to open after that!

ive had this problem.

mine needs a new lock but from the inside take the panel off and have a look at the locking plunger and see whats what. after that its bot lock time

Gavin, I dont have remote locking, just the old fashioned 'key in the lock' thang!

The central locking works fine for the doors & I can hear it coming from the boot although it doesn't release.

Already tried "atif's" method to no avail!

Although will try again.

Will go for the contortionist way & take the cover off.

Thanks guys, MUCH appreciated.

:)

Hmm this is interesting.....

This sounds really stupid but I didn’t realise that the boot formed part of the central locking on the C. I don’t have remote – only the key in the lock jobbie. :oops:

My boot opens with the key but only if you use the lock on the boot itself, none of the doors have an affect, and the lock on the boot has no affect on the doors. :roll:

Also, the boot locks as soon as it is shut, so its possible to lock your keys in it !!! :shocked!:

Go on – tell me – is this wrong - It’s a M-plate 8valver.

Sorry to steal your thread quikstu – it wont happen again !

:thumb right:

Gavin, I dont have remote locking, just the old fashioned 'key in the lock' thang!

The central locking works fine for the doors & I can hear it coming from the boot although it doesn't release.

Already tried "atif's" method to no avail!

Although will try again.

Will go for the contortionist way & take the cover off.

Thanks guys, MUCH appreciated.

:)

Have a read of the owners manual. You need to set the lock in the correct position to have it work of the central locking. I can't remember if the lock needs to be vertical or horizontal. Anyway, it sounds like yours is in the wrong position.

If the lock is seized up then you'll need to have it all in bits to free it off. That'll probably involve having the inside off the hatch and maybe the number plate panel too.

Gavin

Have a read of the owners manual. You need to set the lock in the correct position to have it work of the central locking. I can't remember if the lock needs to be vertical or horizontal. Anyway, it sounds like yours is in the wrong positio

Lock needs to be in the horizontal position for central locking to operate boot. If it's in the vertical position it is always locked, until you unlock it manually! :wink:

Sorry to steal your thread quikstu – it wont happen again !

:thumb right:

Not a problem buddy. :)

Gav, always have the boot lock horizontal. But boot not opening with the key either!!!!! :evil: