Sign in to follow this  
boosted187

G60 computer question

First of hi :D

i'm a newb. :roll:

i'm new to the vw scene but know my way around cars fairly well..

my car is a 91 vw GTI 16v. 2.0 with the corrado g-60 blower and brackets.

it's got an audi tt 6speed awd tranny and im finishing up the rearend swap provably this weekend but back to the question.the computer and harness i got came out of an automatic g-60 my car is not automatic will this effect performance or driveability in any way?will i need to get a new computer?please any help would be appreciated ..

oh did i forget to mention i only paid $500 bucks for the car(minus tranny,rear and g-60 stuff)and its in mint condition with 65,000 original miles on the odometer i knew the owner a while back. the car had been sitting in his garage 4 like 8 years,you can allready imagine the kind of vacation he's on.wont be back 4 six more.oh well lucky me.

You'll definetly need it remaped to work properly. Have you lowered the compersion

on your block or have you just bolted on the G60 etc.... ???

Good effort tho. Hope to see pictures when its finished. Are you using the Haldex

diff too ?

hey Paul1 wutz up?

the compresion on the block is still factory.i know,i know its too high.but i want to get things running first and then when i get everything working the way i want it i'll go crazy on the motor(pistons,rods,stroke it, head work,blah,blah,blah).the diff i aquiered was an audi's 4000 cs quattro.if that dont work 4 me i'll just use the tt rear.

as for the computer question.when u mean remapped u mean a chip or what?sorry for sounding dumb but all i've owned all my life were american cars.. :shock: