Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

water and oil temps 2litre 16v

Sorry if this has been asked before but i know that someone put a post up quoting from vw what the normal water and oil temps should be for the 2litre but ive searched and cant find it.(i saw it ages ago but cant find it again).Does anyone know what these should be please?The reason i ask is that since changing my coolant recently,my car seems to be running cooler and taking longer to warm up than before.Should i be worried or is it normal........maybe the new coolant is working more efficiently than the old stuff that was in.oh yeah i used g12.Cheers :oops:

theres loads of threads on this but dunno where either! :oops:

iirc around 90 is norm, 70 is a bit low

my 1.8 16v sits at around 80-90 water and 94-104 oil once warmed up

Mine runs around 95degC water and 104-112degC oil in my 2.0l valver. Hotter than it used to since I changed the water pump!

Did you use G12 or G12+ ? If you used G12 and mixed it with any residual G11, you may get clogged cooling system because they don't like each other. G12+ is compatible with either G11 or G12.

My 16V Passat (ABF) runs at about 85 deg water and low 90s oil, except when really hammered - for instance the oil temp may go to 110 on very long mountain passes with the family and a full holiday load on board. Otherwise it runs much much cooler than the VR. I nearly died when I first got the C and saw the oil temperatures, but apparantly it is quite normal..........

Best wishes

RB