Sign in to follow this  
chaz g60

vibrating car

just wondering if anyone can help me. I,ve recently bought a '90 g60 here in spain, when i get to about 110kms my car vibrates

I,m new to the corrado but i think it's the suspension or top mounts so i've bought fk coilovers which i'll fit next week with new mounts

Does anyone have any other sugestions or possibilties is it a common problem with original suspension when it's 15 years old? :roll:

Where in spain are you, if your on the costa del sol, PM me

How does the car vibrate, hole car or throught the steering?

im in calpe near valencia, it's the whole car really more from the front.

I've seen your car for sale and if i was in the position to i would be there now buying it looks like a bute.

if i could sell my car for 4000euros and yours was still there in may/june (which i very much doubt) when business picks up id offer you 4000£ or so. or i can pay you with hamburgers?

have you had your wheels balanced recently? Could be something that simple... 8)

After-market alloys? Had some really badly fitted 17's on my first VR that caused the car to vibrate at around 80mph. Apparently the spiggot rings were for a completely different car!

Changed the wheels and it never happened again :)

nice one i'll look in to theese ideas cheer for advice

The alloys were on the car when i bought it. I think they've been put on for the sale 'cos there new, there pretty shity, i think there masitaly?? 16's 5 spoke alloys will be changing for bbs split rims when i can

i buckled a wheel once that made the car vibrate a lot and sterring was like doing juggling

Yep as FurkiG60 says the wheels can be buckled under the tyres (especially with crap makes), so you can't tell just by looking :(

Check the easiest things first and rule them out one by one- hopefully you'll find the culprit straight away.