Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Tape for Wiring Looms

Guys, I have just pressure washed my engine bay and its looking fairly clean and tidy...

When I first got the car I re-terminated a few of the electrical plugs as the plastic covers were starting to disintegrate due to heat i think... what i now want to do is re-cover the looms / harnesses as some of the cloth type tape is also starting to peel off.

Does anyone know the best place to get this stuff, i know you can get cloth tape from various DIY places but i dont know how good this is under temperature and if it will insulate the electrics properly... ?

supercharged, the tape that you have seen should say what temps and liquids it is able to cope, but normal good quality insulation tape is perfect for the job, thats all we use at work(even on EVO's) plus you can get coloured tape now so you colour code your looms to the rest of the car 8)

If you were in North America, I would say the best place (where I get all my electrical supplies) would be Waytek Wire...

http://www.waytek.com/

Might want to look through their catalogue just to see what they have to offer.

Skye

Made a kit car loom up once, the best stuff to use (imo) is the non sticky stuff you just wrap round, leaves no glue reside in time. Or theres the stuff that bonds on to its self for a more insulated application. I got these from one of the kit car parts suppilers.

Cheers Guy