Sign in to follow this  
c8hau

Which battery for a VR?

Well, mothers day yesterday so i decided to take the VR out for a spin :) It was the first time I'd driven it in 3 months so obviuosly the battery was flat, (didn't disconnect it , doh!) I took it for a really good drive but stalled it as I was pulling out on a dual carriageway :oops: the car wouldn't start again!! Good job the girlfriend was out and about, anyway 20 mins later I she came with the jump leads and I was on my way again, got home and then tried to restart but have come to the conclusion that my battery is dead, which ones do you guys recommend? I was looking at the Bosch Silver batteries, any idea of prices, to make things worse my ABS light came on and when I got home I noticed my back tyre was flat! Oh and I remembered the VR had no tax! :oops:

Definately reccomend the Bosch Silvers.. check out GSF's website for prices, but I think a VR capable one should set you back not much more than 50 or 60 notes.

Bosch or Varta batteries are very good and not overly pricey if you get 'em from sensible places... 8)

wheres the best place to buy them from? I was just on GSF's website but it was a bit confusing, I am not sure about Ampage on Euro Car Parts its says the VR is 63 Amps and is £70+VAT!

my local AA man agrees with Henny, I have a Varta battery, he was very impressed! said those or Bosch are the ones to go for!

(he wasnt so impressed i left my lights on all day though!)