Sign in to follow this  
borderair

G60 rebuild parts

I am looking for a rebuild kit for G60 charger (please dont just tell me to send it to G-man) Can anyone tell me who will sell me the parts i need.

I am looking only for quality parts and have tried G-man but he no longer sells rebuild kits.

or if you speak any german http://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/lshop,shop ... ,,,,,,.htm

cant really comment on the possible quality (or lack of) as i dont speak german and babelfish does'nt do a very good job with technical translations :lol:

i only really sent mine to g-werks as the small belt had stripped and i didnt really know what to look for as far as possible damage. and i needed it done quickly

after converting those prices its not far off getting it done by darren anyway :wink:

doh! didnt notice the english button at the top :roll:

pitstopdevelopments.com still advertise them on the website.

Maybe Darren doesn't have time to deal with all the phone advice?

Gavin

spoke to PSD and they will sell a kit to people in the trade providing you know what you are talking about. This is a good attitude to have.

Are the parts they supply OK as the advice and attitude seem very good.

I am in no way advising people not to go for pro rebuilds, but would like the option to DIY if you are capable

Yep - Tempest thoroughly researched the parts involved in the rebuild process (contacts in Germany, etc) and was very happy with the bits used when he got his charger done @ G-Werks / PSD.

Yep im here to big up dazzer hes been a completely top boy when i was getting my re-build done and the whole engine swap, every time i phoned him with technical queries he came good on them even when it was stupid stuff

Dazzer = legend

The parts from PSD/G-Werks are origianl or better.

Plus, another thumbs up for Darren, he's got to be pist off with me by now, always ringing, but still answers the phone and has a conversation.

Ok guys lets clear this up... The reason i dont sell rebuild kits is beacuse these parts can't just be fitted in any way and if fitted incorrectlly could cause the supercharger to fail due to oil starvation, the reason i stopped selling the kits was beacuse i dont like to sell anything i can warrant myself and chargers are expensive things to replace . i understand alot of engineers etc are proberly very cabale of rebuilding there oWn units but i have chosen to use the one rule for everyone in this situation. Im sorry if this is fustrating for some people but please see it from my point of view and who would be the first person you rung if your charger did fail... just not worth tarnishing my name for sorry...

Yeah - I had this discussion with Darren when I was down there and have got to agree for the above reasons...

It's worth a trip to G-werks just to get the car as a whole set up correctly...

Hello mate, I can supply you with the kit depending on what you need.

I assume you know how to rebuild a charger, as others have stated you can damage the charger easily if parts are installed incorrectly. If you are fully capable of doing it yourself i can't see why I can't sell you the parts that way you can save a buck or two, although most of the time I advise people not to do so as they underestimate it and end up damaging chargers.

I have: Gotze oil seals, FAG bearings, SNR 16000rpm top shaft bearings teflon, 11.5 mm gates wide belt, beige strips and grease. These are some of the best parts available, I will also be able to get uprated oil seals shortly.

Contact me for more info.

Thanks

Erm, no they're not. The guy who runs that site has a bit of a reputation in Germany, not a good one, as he's been found to sell piston seals (or whatever you call the German "Kolbenführungsband") inplace of the real apex seals. Long story.

Best bet over in Germany is still SLS, http://www.slstuning.de/

The other contact I have is Michael Arndt from the Corrado Scene Süd (probably see him again mid April over in Germany), who's been involved in getting FAG to produce uprated bearings for the secondary shaft (a.o. grease can cope with higher temepratures thereby increasing the safety rpm-limit to 16000 rpm).

Tempest

Oh dear.That does not sound good.I bought some apex seals from them a while back and so far they have been fine.Just have to wait and see.

In general though by the time you add up the cost of a good quality kit you might as well just get it rebuilt by someone like g-man.