Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

avg oil temp?

Just wondering what the avg oil temp is on the 16Vs, I heard 90 was avg on the 2.0 16Vs anyone know what it should be on the 1.8 16V?

I saw somewhere that it should be 80 degrees, I haven't seen my MFA show 80 in a long time??

it totally depends on a number of things, i've just changed my rad and coolant with g12 and it sits arond 94 - 100 depending on traffic and before it was 98 - 106 and i intend to change the oil with synta silver and i reckon it would run cooler again, but it all depends on what driving you do but i drive a mk2 16v hope that helps...

80 is pretty low. Anywhere between 90 and 110 is the norm. Obviously if you're really caning it you could see 110+.

Yeah I've just done some head work recently and I had her turning over idle for a half hour at the weekend and it was sitting around 94-98. I was getting a little worried seeing 80-85 in some of the Hanes type manuals but I got suspicious as I dont recall any corrado running under 90.

Water temp is fine now running a cool 60-70 with the new coolant.