Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Front suspension set too soft for a VR?

I'm still not convinced that the Gmax kit I was sold was actually for the VR. I've got some speed bumps on the way into work and when I crawl over them the front noticably dives alot more than the rear. No major handling issues, just the Golf kit I had seemed alot more even all round. The floor occassionally bottoms out on speed bumps, and the splitter hits the road when driving occassionally aswell. Just feels abit soft.

Question is, when they change suspension kits to suit the VR, 16V etc, do they just uprate the springs for the extra weight or are the shocks different aswell? Wondering whether to try some different springs.

Sorry I dont have the answer for you mate as I need to know that too, Because am after a kit but I want to drop the car about 60mm

but cant get a kit for the vr unless i go coilovers.

I think it is just the spring thats different tho.

How low you got it ?

I think its sitting about 40mm lower than standard on the 15" Speedlines. Don't get any tire rubbing problems, just the front seems alot softer than the rear.

Wondering whether they don't offer a kit that low because the wheel may foul the front suspension lower platform? Thought coilovers were generally more compact so allow for extra clearance. Not sure cos I've never used them. If not I would have thought you could get some springs from H&R, or weld some of the coils together.