Sign in to follow this  
charlie

first timer!

Ok please treat me nicely i am new to this but have quietly sat back and admired the corrado for 2 years and about to take the plunge and buy one!

Am out for a G60 can anyone give me pointers what to look out for when buying? Have 3000 to spend and have seen a lot around for under that modified and not..

I live in the bmth area and willing to travel within 100miles of bmth to buy one so if anyone knows of a good deal please let me know.

Cheers look forward to your comments x

hi charlie,

welcome to the forum first off! :D

£3k should get you something fairly decent too......though its worth paying a wee bit more to get the best you can........also be prepared to travel a bit further too.......good ones are getting a bit thin on the ground these days as they're pretty cheap and easy to tune into vr6-beaters :shock:

as for what to look for.........here's some from the tp of my head...in no order either:-

1)obviously check that the charger has had some attention to it,especially if it has been "chipped'n'pulley'd"......ideally if its near or over 100k it should have a reciept for at least one charger rebuild.....if not then budget approx £400+ for one asap.........

2)with all timing belted engines i would check that its had a timing belt change recently too

3)if its got abs(some 92 models).....check that the warning light goes out just after starting

4)check all the electrics work.....especially the sunroof(make sure it tilts and slides with no sort of stickiness)

5)make sure its had regular oil and filter changes and that the oil filter is a genuine VW one........as the VW one is i think the only one really suitable for the G-60

6)make sure the door handles function with no sort of stiffness......sure sign of them on their way out....£45ea from GPC or £60 ea from VW

7)the spoiler should raise when the car hits 45mph and lower when it slows down to under 10-12mph.....also it can be raised and lowered manually by a switch under the dash.....check this works

8)also check the heater controls work on all positions and settings........meant to be a bit of a pig of a job to fix a possible dash out job.......though some people have managed to fix with the dash in-situ

9)check the foglights aren't cracked....£55 ea from GPC...

thats all fronm the top of my head........i'm sure the bulk of G-60 owners will be able to fill you in beter