Sign in to follow this  
JT

omp strut brace question!! help needed

ok guys i reckon this is a question for kevhaywire, i am thinking of buying an omp front upper strut brace for my mk2 16v, can anyone answer my questions

can i fit it myself

will the camber tracking need doing

what difference can i exspect

is it worth it

and finally what is involved in fitting it

sorry for all the questions but never looked into these before!!!

*beep* Kev's on holiday for a week... leave a message before the beep and he'll get back to you when he returns...

;) :lol:

Alternatively:

Camber won't be affected unless it's an ajustable brace and you tighten it up a stupid amount and pull the strut tops closer together! ;) :lol:

Differences? It'll tighten up the front suspension meaning that it'll feel slightly more positive going into corners and will eliminate any "scuttle shake" that you may have

Fitting? Depends on the design of the brace... some of 'em are as simple as undo the 2 strut top mounting bolts per side, put the brace in place, replace bolts... 8) Others need some more holes drilling and M8 nuts and bolts putting through to hold it tight... I've not fitted one to a MKII, but the 2 I've fitted to MKIs have both been of this design and can be fitted in about 30 mins... 8)

Good luck! 8)