Sign in to follow this  
JT

exhaust cam question!!!!

can anyone tell me any info about these been told that they can give good performance if a second cam is fitted!! can anyone give some info want to get some more performance out of my mk2 kr 16v and this so far sounds like a good mod anyone know any more :?:

9a inlet cam 8.9mm lift

kr inlet cam 9.6mm lift

exhaust cam 10.2mm lift

When i first tried it i had bad experiences as you need to mod the chainwheel to corrct the cam-cam timing.I was guestimating the measurements at first but then my mate who mods the chainwheels bought a shrick blank 1 which has 2 keyways in it so you can use it on either cam.He uses this as a template to cut a new keyway into the chainwheel to correct the timing and keep the factory timing marks.

All thats involved to mod the cam is to cut it down to the same length as the inlet cam and press on the new chainwheel!once fitted,you can sell your old kr inlet cam, to someone with a 2l.

If you wana see wot its like,you can meet uop with me and il take you for a spin up the dual!!!!!!!!!!!