Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

fuel pressure

fitted a fuel pressure guage today and am wondering what pressure in psi should it be, the guage is plummed in the pipe that runs from the fuel pump to the regulator

if you haven't seen it before

dubs001.jpg

and plummed in

dubs011.jpg

it is currently sitting at 14 psi, can't imagin it's fitted wrong as its just plug between the pipe, (no electricals)

i think the way youve plumbed it in will only show pump pressure,not system pressure?wot are you trying to achieve? The pump can pump up to 12bar (1bar=14.75psi) k-jet systems normally run 4-5bar system pressure and digipants normally run 3-5bar

i believe i have fitted it backwards now, got no destructions with it so, i'm guessing the fuel has to flow a certain way, as i squeezed the fuel pipe and the pressure went up, so probably looking at around 3-5 as you said.

acheive nothing really just saw this shiny guage and had to have it, but obviously want it to work

The fuel pumps get a little tired with age. G60's use the same 4bar pump as the VR6's. Most G60's will still have the original pump - 12-14 years old !!

I'm fitting a new pump on mine as part of the rebuild - I'll keep the old one as a spare.

If you replace the pump - be sure to get the same make as the one fitted. The Bosch pump uses a different level sender to the Pierburg one.

The system pressure should always be checked off of the pressure feed line and a G60 will run 2.5 - 3.0 bar and a VR6 will run 3.5 - 4.0 bar when testing pressures.

Cheers, Dennis

The system pressure should always be checked off of the pressure feed line and a G60 will run 2.5 - 3.0 bar and a VR6 will run 3.5 - 4.0 bar when testing pressures.

Cheers, Dennis

Even though they both use the same 4bar pump ?